Let's see how the raw parts look like.
The model will be equipped with halogen lamps, I will use the lamps from the Subaru 2001 model.
To build a model in the Monte Carlo Rally 2000 specification I have to use a steering column with a gear lever from an Impreza 2001 model.
Additionaly I will use photo-etched set made by Hobby Design.
Front wheel arches:
• Spot-On, Motul i Pirelli - Impreza 2001
• NGK - Impreza 1999
• White plastrons - Impreza 1999
• Plastrons from the Rally Monte Carlo - Ford Focus
• www.subaru-france.fr - C.B.COM
• Pleiads - Impreza 1999
I was not satisfied with the arrangement of pleiades around the door handles, so I decided to apply one more layer to them, so that's why I mentioned above that I used two sets. The effect is not perfect but decent.
• White plastron - Impreza 1999
• LinelTEX - Impreza 1998
• Plastron Monte Carlo - Ford Focus 2000
Rear bumper, flap and spoiler:
• Advertisements on the sides of the spoiler - Impreza 1999
• Robin, pleiades and arrow - Impreza 1999
• Pirelli, Prodrive, www.subaru-france.fr - Impreza 2001
And here are the effects of wrapping.
In today's update, the clear paint and model polish effect. As standard, in my case, Tamiya products.
Here is the effect.
Today's update will focus on the lamps. To make lampshades, gaskets and reflectors, I used the materials shown in the photo below.
At the beginning, a lamp and a parking lamp. Lampshade seals made with a black Sharpie marker, reflectors painted with Molotow Liquid Chrome markers.
The next stage of work was painting turn signals lampshades on the TS-73 with minor X-26 corrections. The reflectors are XF-56. I chose the color so that the indicator has a darker shade and looks like the real thing. In addition, I have already put on the halogen mounting caps.
The rear lampshades are TS-74 with X-27 corrections, reflectors made of silverware from a cigarette pack.
Here's what I'm going to do in the next few weeks:
At the beginning, the already partially made elements of the safety roll with panels that had to be taken care of. Sanding of already painted protective panels, filling and another sanding.
In this way, the carbon panels will be on both sides of the roll cage, which unfortunately is not a 100% representation of a real car, but it will definitely add aesthetics to the model.
The next stage of work is masking, black painting and wrapping the panels with carbon. The decals were painted with TS-71 Smoke to darken their shade which was too silver. Then several layers of TS-13.
I put sponsorship ads using decals from Subaru WRC 2001 (only those from the Rally Monte Carlo 2000), painted the protectors on the cage, and on the pilot's side there were stickers with the roll cage homologation.
The next stage of work is the side panels from the model door.
The nets, pocket recesses and the handle on the driver's side had to be removed from side panels, as these did not match the specification of the model I am making. The whole was painted with black mat, then masking and half-mat painting of the door panels.
Template, carbon wrapping and painting TS-71 i TS-13.
The last stage is painting the remaining elements of the rear padding, adding window handles that come from the Subaru WRC 2001 and painting the door handles.
Impact wrench to change wheels.
Another detail is the pilot's footrest plate, which was subsequently covered with carbon and painted TS-71 and TS-13.
Then I added anti-slip 'dots', buttons, stickers describing the buttons and inserted a fire extinguisher and an impact wrench along with a mounting made after technical consultations with Piotr STI22B.
As for the safety cage, I painted the protectors, added an on-board camera and flashlights to read the route description during night OSes.
In today's update, work on the dashboard, which was drilled for buttons and switches, then painted and covered with carbon.
In addition, I added a map compartment and a cover for the pilot's console.
The next stage of work is the manufacture of belts and intercom with wires.
It's time to put it all together. The headphones hit the mirror, the wires are connected, the cage is stuck together.
This is what the interior looks like after less than two months of work.
It's time for the last update. Windows painted and wrapped, chassis attached to the body.
The next stage of work is the assembly of the suspension and drive system.
Before mounting the suspension and drivetrain, I had to make carbon wheel arches.
A breakthrough moment in the model building is putting it on wheels. However, I will start with photos of the engine and chassis covers.
Below Subaru on V.1 service stands from scalecars.online (SCO-R033).
And this is how it looks on wheels.
The clasps on the hood and the lid are on, the mirror and the antennas too, so the workshop ends here.
Finally, a photo of the finished model. Currently, work is underway on the final gallery and Subaru Impreza presentation.
More photos of the completed model here | Gallery
Author | Krzysztof Szpakowski