I’m glad to present to you my next model - Mercedes-Benz 300SL from Tamiya.
I worked hard on that model throughout more than a year. The hardest part was completing the body. I spent a long time choosing the right clear coat and polishing compounds until I was totally satisfied with the result. While doing it the body was repainted 4 times, doors and the hood - 5 times.
Also I completely rebuilt the dashboard, added more details in interior and in engine compartment.
Besides the kit itself I used detail set by Hobby Design.
• Tamiya Mercedes-Benz 300SL (24338)
For body painting were used:
• Tamiya Fine Surface Primer (87064)
• Tamiya TS-17 Gloss Aluminium (85017)
• Glasurit MS Racing Clear 2k Laquer
Also during this build were used these paints:
• Tamiya TS-29, TS-7, TS-79, TS-80, TS-101, TS-83, AS-2, X-1, X-4, X-7, X-10, X-12 X-26, X-27, XF-59
• Molotow Liquid Chrome
Add-ons and custom modifications:
• Photo-etched Detail Parts by Hobby Design (HD02-0315)
• Photo-etched Round Nuts by Hobby Design (HD02-0135)
• Rivets by Top Studio (D) 0.6
• Seatbelt by Hobby Design (HD03-0166) + Tuner Model Manufactory seatbelt cloth light gray
• Floor covering - MFH Adhesive cloth for seat
• Hobby design steel tube of different diameters
• Wires and photo-etched clamps of different diameters and manufacturers
Author | Ihor Korobochka | Instagram